Organizations Using the Internet
Modified 20 June 2006
With the U.S. military campaign against Iraq in the spring of 2003, much of this section (which was pretty much just for and against Saddam Hussein) became historical.
The Coalition Provisional Authority is the post-Hussein authority in Iraq in the initial rebuilding stages: http://www.cpa-iraq.org/. The domain is registered to the U.S. Defense Technical Information Center at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, on 17 June 2003, as per the Sam Spade domain analysis web page.
These groups were listed as against the Saddam Hussein regime. They may remain active and become part of the new regime.
- Iraqi National Congress -- http://www.inc.org.uk/
- Iraqi Worker Communist Party http://www.wpiraq.org/
- Shi'i Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq -- Iranian group running radio transmitters
- Iraqi Turkmans -- For the rights of the ethnic Turkman people living in a broad band across northern Iraq, through Mosul, Kirkuk,and Diala: http://www.iraqiturkman.org.tr/
Jaish Abi Baker -- has videos indicating activity in Iraq, includes "brigades" with names like "Sulemain Abu Ghaith" and "Osama bin Laden": http://jaishabibaker.net/
Uruknet seems to be an anti-US-occupation Italian based site: http://www.uruknet.info/
Uruklink had been the late-Saddam-era government ISP, and is now the "State Company for Internet Services": http://www.uruklink.net/
Until things are sorted out, see the Kurdistan section.
Saddam Hussein Government
- Iraqi Presendency --
- Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs -- http://www.uruklink.net/mofa/
- Iraq News Agency -- the official news agency of Iraq.
- Iraqi television -- live video and audio streams of the Iraqi satellite television and the main program of the national radio program: http://www.iraqtv.ws
- Babil (Babylon) Newspaper -- published by Saddam Hussein's son Uday: http://www.iraq2000.com/babil
- Other Iraqi sites -- http://www.uruklink.net/sites.htm
Groups supporting the Saddam Hussein regime
Rumor had it in the 1990's that several
machines in the
jo(Jordan) domain really operated in support of Iraq.
- Iraq Action Coalition -- Anti-sanctions, possibly extending that to pro-Hussein-government views at times. http://leb.net/IAC/
- International War Crimes Tribunal -- Seems to be pushing for the U.S. to be tried for war crimes perpetrated against Iraq. http://www.deoxy.org/wc/index.htm
- Pro-Saddam-Hussein -- Rumor had it in the 1990's that several machines in the
Groups against the Saddam Hussein regime
- Iraq Foundation -- For democracy and human rights, thus against Saddam Hussein. http://www.iraqfoundation.org/
- Iraqi National Accord -- Al-Wifaq al-Watani al-Iraqi -- CIA-funded. Operates the Voice of the Brave Armed Forces clandestine radio station, 0200-0300 GMT on 1566 kHz and 2330-2345 GMT on 1560 kHz. http://www.iraq-free.demon.co.uk/
- Also see the U.S. Government radio broadcast section.
Intro Page Cybersecurity Home Page