Organizations Using the Internet
Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, and Palestine-focused organizations
Modified 20 June 2006
HAMAS -- Not the central Syrian city, but the acronym for the Arabic name Harakat Muqama al-Islamiyya, meaning the Movement of Islamic Resistance. Formed in late 1987 from the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. Funded by Palestinian expatriates, Iran, and Saudi Arabian benefactors.
- http://www.hamas.net/ is registered with InterNIC, but wasn't active when I last checked.
- http://www.qassam.org/ Now just gives you a bogus "Hacked, tracked, and owned by U.S.A." page (itself just propaganda...) then a bunch of web-hosting popups.
previously run by the Palestinian
Information Center in Beirut, Lebanon.
Does not resolve, no name server for
Palestinian Information Center -- maintaining several pages
in various languages.
As far as I know all these are by the same organization
and affiliated with or supportive of HAMAS,
please let me know if I'm wrong.
- Main page -- http://www.palestine-info.co.uk -- registered in UK, server in Sweden
- Arabic language: http://www.palestine-info.info/arabic/index.shtml -- registered to Beirut, Lebanon address, server in Sweden
- French language: http://www.palestine-info.info/french
- Malay language: http://www.infopalestina.com/ -- registered to Jakarta, Indonesia address, server in U.S. (Verizon hosts them)
- Persian language: http://www.palestine-persian.info/ -- registered to Tehran, Iran address, server in Sweden
- Russian language: http://www.palestine-info.ru/ -- registered to Moscow, Russia address, server in Russia
- Urdu language: http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/urdu/ -- registered in UK, server in Sweden.
- http://www.palestine-info.net/hamas/ -- registered to the Palestinian Information Center in Beirut, Lebanon, but inactive when last checked
- al Sakifah supposedly hosts a HAMAS discussion forum: http://www.alsakifah.org/
Hizbullah -- or Hizbollah or Hezbullah or Hezbollah or .... Also known as Islamic Jihad, Revolutionary Justice Organization, Organization of the Oppressed on Earth, and Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine. Radical Shi'ite Muslim group based in Lebanon. Formed in 1982 in response to Israeli invasion of Lebanon, ideologically inspired by Iranian revolution and teachings of Ayatollah Khomeini. Involved in Beirut truck bombings of U.S. embassy in April 1983, U.S. Marines barracks in October 1983, and U.S. embassy annex in September 1984. Operates in Bekaa Valley and southern Lebanon.
- Hizbollah -- http://www.hizbollah.tv/ and http://www.hizbollah.org/ -- servers are in Beirut, either the same server or on the same LAN
- Hizbollah -- http://www.moqawama.org/page2/main.htm -- also based in Beirut.
- Al-Intiqad Newspaper -- http://www.intiqad.com/
- nasrollah.org -- supposedly a representative of the Imam Khamenii in Lebanon and affiliated with Hizbollah: http://www.nasrollah.org/
- Hizbullah -- The Party of God -- http://almashriq.hiof.no/lebanon/300/320/324/324.2/hizballah/
- Emdad Committee for Islamic Charity -- Al-Mashriq -- http://almashriq.hiof.no/lebanon/300/320/324/324.2/hizballah/emdad/ ``... a charitable NGO started by Hizbullah to alleviate social hardship in that part of the Lebanese population most affected by the Israeli occupation of the south of the country.''
- Al-Shahid Social Organization -- ``Support for the families of the martyrs of the resistance'' -- http://www.shahid.org.lb/
- Al Manar TV -- ``Manar, the television station of the Islamic resistance'' -- http://www.almanar.com.lb/
- Sayed Hassan Nasrallah -- General secretary of Hizbullah -- http://www.nasrallah.net/
- Al-Mabarrat Association -- http://www.mabarrat.org.lb/
- In late October 2000, the Hizbollah web server http://www.hizbollah.org/ was subjected to denial-of-service attacks originating mostly from Israel, the U.S., and to a lesser extent, Canada (as per webmaster Ali Ayoub, as quoted by MSNBC).
- An acronym, in reverse order, for Harakat al-Tahrir al-Falistiniya, The Palistinian Liberation Movement. If the acronym were done the right way around, HATAF, then Hataf is Arabic for "Death".
Israel / Palestine
Pro-Israel / Anti-Palestine
- Kach and Kahane Chai (Kahane Lives) -- Radical Israeli-American Rabbi Meir Kahane founded Kach, a group to restore ``the biblical state of Israel''. Said to have founded Terror Against Terror (TNT) in 1975, Egrof Magen (Defending Shield) in 1983, and to have incited vigilantism against Arabs. Meir Kahane was assassinated in New York in 1990, and his son Binyamin Kahane founded Kahane Chai (Kahane Lives). Both have been declared terrorist organizations by both Israel and the U.S. Since then, Binyamin was killed in Israel in 2000. The groups continue to protest against the Israeli government and harass Palestinians in Hebron and the West Bank. Support comes from sympathizers in the U.S. and Europe. http://www.kahane.org/ --
- Salience Voices -- http://Flash.To/Salience_Voices/
- Stop Terror -- suing prominent figures of the Palestinian side -- http://www.stopterror.org/
Pro-Palestine / Anti-Israel -- alphabetized,
and largely in Arabic.
- Abnaa elBalad (Sons of the Country) --
- Abu Jehad -- http://www.abujihad.org/
- al Aqsa Intifada -- http://www.alaqsaintifada.org/
al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade --
- According to Haganah B'Internet the following are fronts for this organization, but I don't know if that is true or not. They are definitely pro-Palestine and anti-Israel, but beyond that decide for yourself (if you can read Arabic).
- Alawda -- http://www.kataebalawda.org/
- Alkrama -- http://www.alkrama.com/
- al Muslimoon -- http://www.almuslimoon.com/
- Al-Nakba (The Catastrophe) -- run by the Gakakini Cultural Center. http://www.alnakba.org/
- Al-Quds -- Palestine Information Center, source of Al-Quds Palestinian Arab Radio, affiliated with Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command, against Yassir Arafat. http://www.alquds.org/palestine/
- American Committee on Jerusalem -- http://www.acj.org
- American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee -- http://www.adc.org/
- Baraka http://www.baraka.org/
- Birzeit University -- A Palestinian university, with lots of information on Palestine. http://www.birzeit.edu/
- Council for Palestinian Restitution and Reparation -- http://www.rightofreturn.org/frames.html
- Fateh --
- hackerz4palestine -- http://www.h4palestine.com/ posting calls for jihad and supposedly involved in credit card fraud.
- Hebron -- http://www.hebron.com/
- Inaash al Usra Society -- http://www.inash.org
- The Institute for Palestine Studies -- http://www.cais.com/ipsjps/
- Islamic Association for Palestine -- http://www.iap.org/
- Islamic Block -- organization at Annajah University in Nablus -- http://www.islamic-block.org/
- Islamic Jihad -- I can't read these all-Arabic pages, but I've been told that these are run by (or for, or in support of) Islamic Jihad:
- Moqawmh / Moqawama -- at least the DFLP-Moqawama site is promoting DFLP, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
- Neda - Al-Quds -- http://www.qudsway.com/
- Palestinian General Delegation -- a.k.a. the PLO, for Yassir Arafat. http://www.plo.cute.fi/
- Palestinian National Authority --
- Palestinian Voice -- http://www.palvoice.org/
- Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) -- http://www.pflp-palestine.org/ -- Marxist-Leninist group founded in 1967, carried out numerous international attacks in the 1970's, has targeted Israeli and moderate Arab targets since 1978.
- The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine -- General Command (PFLP-GC) split off from the PFLP in 1968, claiming it wanted to focus more on fighting and less on politics. Opposed to Arafat's PLO.
- Shaml -- The Palestinian Diaspora and Refugee Center http://www.shaml.org
- Salam Review -- Pro-peace, anti-Israel http://www.salam.org/
- Also see the list at: http://www.mathaba.net/www/palestine/index.shtml
- Occupied Golan - Syria -- "designed to explain how the occupied Golan is a part of the Syrian Homeland, seized by Israel" http://www.golan-syria.org/
- DEBKAfile is an odd web site registered to Shamis Communication, Ltd, in Jerusalem. It contains a lot of false information regarding international events, and as per the French press, is managed by some far-right Israeli group(s) and is not endorsed by Israeli authorities: http://www.debka.com/
- Lebanese Forces -- A page against foreign occupation of Lebanon in general, so presumably both anti-Syria and anti-Israel. http://lebanese-forces.org/
- Lebanese Armed Forces -- http://www.lebarmy.gov.lb/
- Qana Holocaust -- Commemorating an Israeli massacre in April, 1996. http://leb.net/qana/
- Internet Haganah -- calls itself "an online self-defence force". Seems to have an anti-anti-Israel view, mostly listing anti-Israel web sites, plus al-Qaeda: http://www.haganah.org.il/
- Syria, which largely controls Lebanon
- Jihadist groups in Chechya, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, and elsewhere, which are fixated on hatred of the Jews.
Intro Page Cybersecurity Home Page