Technical How-To Pages
Converting Data From One Format To Another
How to convert PAL DVDs to NTSC How to copy and burn DVDs, even those with CSS encryption and copy protection, using free software and operating systems How to download videos from YouTube and convert them to XviD and DivX with
mencoderHow to extract MP3 audio from a video file How to convert audio files from WMA or FLAC to MP3 How to rotate digital camera movies by 90° and convert them to DVD How to modify a flatbed scanner to scan X-Ray films How to use BitTorrent magnet links with Firefox and Chrome Storage media longevity and failure rates — CD/DVD, magnetic disk, flash RAM
Audio / Video and Data Cables
The Samsung Galaxy Smartphone
Building and Fixing Things
3-D Data Collection and Analysis
Links to other sites
- Cal Tech University has placed the entire set of The Feynman Lectures on Physics on line!
- CableWholesale.com has a nice archive of technical articles about cables, connectors, how to choose and use them, etc.
- DVD hacking at videohelp.com
- Linday's Technical Books was a great source of reprinted technical books. Their remaining inventory is still sold.
- Free on-line journal on Postscript and PDF
- Nice free PDF astronomical charts: