Organizations Using the Internet
Modified 24 April 2009
Ministry of National Defence — http://www.mod.gr/
Greece is the birthplace of democracy and philosophy, yet modern Greece is a hotbed of communism and anarchists. Since Greece was controlled by a right-wing General's junta in the late 1960's and early 1970's, this is all somehow supposed to be the fault of the U.S. and the CIA... The ancient sites in Athens are very interesting, but modern Athens is largely concrete covered in graffiti featuring hammers and sickles. Kind of like Minsk, but without the radiation. As I understand it, KKE and PASOK are the two big players in the leftist movements, but there are many other factions.
- KKE — Kommounistiko Komma Elladas (Communist Party of Greece)
- PASOK — Panelliniko Sosialistiko Kinima (Panhellenic Socialist Movement) — http://www.pasok.gr/
- AKSE — Agonistiko Sosialistiko Komma Elladas (Militant Socialist Party of Greece) — http://members.tripod.com/~aske_party/
- Aristeri Strofi (Left Turn) — Has been on the net, hosted by Geocities.
- DIKKI — Dimokratiki Kinoniku Kinima (Democratic Social Movement) — http://www.dikki.gr/
- Elleniki Epanastatiki Marxistiki Organosi A/Synechia (Greek Revolutionary Marxist Organization Non/Continuity) — http://w4u.eexi.gr/~arister/
- Kommounistiki Enosi - Ergatiki Exousia (Communist League - Workers Power) — Has been on the net, hosted by Geocities.
- Metopo Rizospastikis Aristeras (Front of the Radical Left) — Has been on the net, hosted by Geocities.
- NAR — Neo Aristero Reuma (New Left Current) — Has been on the net, hosted by Geocities.
- OKDE-Spartakos — Organosi Kommouniston Diethniston Ellados-Spartakos (Organization of Communist Internationalists of Greece-Spartacus) — Has been on the net, hosted by Geocities.
- SEK — Sosialistiko Ergatiko Komma (Socialist Workers' Party) — http://www.csd.uch.gr/~chrysos/sek/
- SYN — Synaspismos tis Aristeras kai tis Proodou (Coalition of the Left and Progress) — http://www.syn.gr/
- Xekinema (Beginning) — communist youth organization
- Communist Internationalist League — A Greece-based group, material mostly pro-Serbian and anti-Turkish: http://www.balkanunity.demon.co.uk/
- Also see the section on Kurdistan, as many (most?) ``Kurdish'' groups operating in or against Turkey are actually supported by Greek communist organizations.
Also the section on Cyprus, as one major point of contention between Greece and Turkey is the ``Turkish Republic of North Cyprus''.
Travel ideas for visiting Greece
Intro Page Cybersecurity Home Page